Monday, March 16, 2009

So I'm getting real about pregnancy...




It's SPRING BREAK already... and I realized it's been way too long since I updated and posted pictures. I sometimes feel like since we don't have the actual baby yet, no one would want to see "belly pics" but I get asked to share a lot~ so here ya go! I haven't been consistant in taking them every single week, but when I remember, we try to get one or two. The tank top photo is me at 22 weeks, and the dress shirt is 25 weeks.
I am 26 weeks today (3/16/09) and REALLY STARTING TO FEEL PREGNANT, if ya know what I mean. I weigh in at 144 lbs in jeans & after a smart bowl of honey nut cheerios. Yum! my appetite is back! (My pre-preg weight was 128, so I'm doing pretty good!) and I really have a bump now. It took a long to time to show but now it's here and I couldn't hide it if I wanted to. I am still teaching at the dance studio (about 6 days a week, anywhere from 2-7 hrs a day) and I think that responsibility has kept me fit and in good shape. I danced hard until right after Christmas- and that's about when I started feeling bigger. Now I am more careful- I take breaks and don't dance full out (no switch leaps for now) but I am there, choreographing, demonstrating what I can, and working hard just the same. Our show is June 6th- my due date is the 20th- and I plan on being there for all of it. I am hoping to make it through the show and then relax at home until the baby comes. (we have a new pool in our community! and I bought a preggy suit!)
I am in full-blown nesting mode...in a crazy, fun, neckbreaking, perfectionist, manic way. I have organized every single pantry/closet/storage space in my home, painted a bathroom, re-decorated almost every room, tried new recipes, designed my own nursery bedding, reached out to old friends, written thank you notes, cleaned every surface, finished projects, read a million books, busted out the glue gun/crockpot/sewing machine... you name it. I am on a total roll. Today's plans: I am updating this, working on sewing some cute embellished towels and burp clothes, and having a meeting later with the studio owner to discuss next year's schedule.
So- on that note, I am getting antsy. I feel the need and urge and NEED to manage everything. I want to get our childbirth classes set, get the crib set up, and really get READY for this adventure of having a baby!!! AHHHHH!
I feel her move a lot, which is so encouraging. It's like she senses my excitement (and anxiety!) and gives me little nudges remind me to keep the eye on the prize and have a little faith. I feel like she is maybe a little sideways these days- with her head up under my rib cage and her feet down and to the left of my low abdomen. It gets pretty uncomfortable when she wedges herself in my ribs (or whatever that is!) so I try to push with my hands a little... and she usually kicks or pushes me back. I sort of feel like this is her way of telling me to let the natural order take place and quit stressing out. :) I am really looking forward to seeing her face and getting to know her.
I am starting to see the change of the season take place and that gets me excited, too. The grass is greener, we have days of rain at a time, and the buds are out on the trees. The Easter dresses are hanging on store racks, legs are looking tanner, and the sun is shining warmer. It all brings out the introspective side of me.
I am quieter, homlier, territorial, more creative, and somehow starting to feel stronger. Like I have found my anchor. My purpose. My need and be needed. I am craving things like spiritual guidance and pastries. This is already the greatest challenge, yet greatest experience, of my life.

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you. You look great! This is SUCH an exciting time!! Please let me know if I can help with anything!!! I was excited to see an update!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man... you are so cute with that little belly! I can't wait to see your little girl!... oh! she'll be so pretty! Girls are sooo fun.

    ReplyDelete